Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cloud's "claw-hand"

Taking a break from working on Cloud's head (figuring out how to make the mess of hair easier to build is really something to during a weekend, not a weeknight... ;o) I started working out the hands.

It's difficult to decide on simplified or detailed hands, but especially Cloud's "claw-hand" with the pointy ends wouldn't look very good, especially compared to some other details that I decided to keep.

"Ten fingers" is what I'll try out when I test build the model. Each finger will basically be two small tubes glued together, and only the small size can make it more difficult than the average parts. But with just a toothpick as a tool, it can be done. ;o)

Maybe I'll make a "pre-shaping and building small tubes" tutorial when I release my Cloud model as well. ;o)

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Cloud's fingers and claws will be smaller than Kurt's claws, so that also calls for a different method of making them.

    Making them the same way as Kurt's claws, would be too difficult I think. ;o)

    ReplyDelete