Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Papercraft LEGO Forestman WIP 8


Now that I've finished modelling the quiver and bow and arrow, I can unfold them and make them into papercraft templates, like I already did with these parts! ;o)

For my papercraft LEGO minifigs, I like to colour the edges of the paper with a pencil or, in this case, a marker, so that you don't get those "white lines" on the final paper model.

You don't really have to colour the glueing tabs as well (since they'll get covered up anyway), but if you want to, nobody will stop you. ;o)

If you use a marker though, don't forget that when you colour the edges of the paper, the ink will kinda soak into the paper, so it will become a darker colour than when you colour the surface of the paper (try it out on a scrap piece of paper so you can choose the right colour).

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an informative person, I must say. Just keep doing the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments, I'm happy to hear you find my papercraft weblog useful. ;o)

    I always have a lot of fun making and building paper models, so yes, I hope to enjoy this hobby for a long time to come! ;o)

    ReplyDelete