Tuesday, May 29, 2012

papercraft LEGO Black Knight WIP1


If you've been following my works in progress, you'll know that I'm already working at a hand drawn papercraft Star Wars TIE-fighter, but I'm too excited about making a new papercraft LEGO minifig to wait until that one's finished: the Black Knight from set 6009.

The Black Knights have always been one of my favourite factions of the LEGO Castle theme.

Why?

Well didn't you see the dragon on their shields and banners?? ;o)

Fact is, dragons are cool! ;o) When we got our first computer, I even made a Black Knight dragon banner in good old MS Paint (notice the innovative use of the Spraycan tool to create a parchment-like texture ;o)

I think I've gotten better at making digital drawings now though, so I'll draw up a new dragon for the Black Knight's shield when I get to it.

I'm really excited about making his armor and the helmet with the dragon plumes, but I'll have to divide my time between this new project and the TIE-fighter, so I don't know if I'll be able to make them soon...

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha thanks! "Bravissimo" for the MS Paint drawing, or for making a papercraft LEGO knight? (I'm guessing the latter... ;o)

      Delete
    2. Of course it's for the LEGO knight !

      Delete