Thursday, July 12, 2012

papercraft TIE-fighter WIP12


For my hand drawn papercraft models, I always draw out the scatchbuilt parts by pencil, so I can easily erase and fix any mistakes.

But for the final version, I trace the corrected lines with a black pen, so they will be easy to see after I've coloured the templates.

After that, sometimes I simply use felt tip markers to colour my hand drawn templates, but sometimes I also like to use aquarel colours: it creates a nice effect and the colours are softer than with markers.


As you can see, the TIE-fighter will mostly be in various shades of grey; when I finish colouring all the parts, I'll copy+paste all the correct ones onto the final templates in Photoshop, add the part numbers and fix some last issues, and then I'll start building the final version.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment