Monday, September 17, 2012

Papercraft Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time Menu Link WIP 2!


One of the first things I usually do on a new papercraft game model, is fix the textures, which usually are a bit messed up.

But that's really something you can do anytime, though (and sometimes it's actually better to wait until you've made all your changes... ;o)

But more importantly, I also take a good look at the model to form a plan of attack to make it into a papercraft model: there are always some trouble points because a game model was never intended to be used as the basis for a papercraft model of course!

There are always some colliding/intersecting parts that you really can't have in a paper model, so those parts need to be physically remodeled (this really can't be fixed later on just by unfolding it differently in Pepakura Designer or something).

Like young Link, adult Link's legs are actually just dangling in thin air underneath his tunic, so that'll have to be changed again too:


In the artwork, Link always has a leather strap across his chest to attach the sheath for his sword to on his back; it's missing in the game version, but I'll give him one in the paper model too.

Also in the game version, Link is holding his shield by just one leather strap, but I'll give him an extra grip too, so the shield won't get knocked out of his hand by the first blow of any random enemy...

And as you can see, I'll also have to change Link's hands from the "blocks" the are now to the regular, open hands, so he can actually hold his shield and the Master Sword in his hands.

And of course, I'll have to think about breaking up Link into separate papercraft sections. That way, the final model won't be a completely hollow shell which will be more difficult to build, but you can simply build it in several pieces and then glue them together when that section is done.

So yeah, it'll be a lot of work, but not necessarily very difficult. ;o) And when you're getting tired of staring at a computer screen, just take a break, and that way it can stay fun, no matter how long it takes! ;o)

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. llo lo quiero igual que tu,porfabor subelo en descarga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On this papercraft weblog, I put updates of my "Works in progress" (and links to other people's papercraft websites ;o)

      This is a paper model that I worked on some time ago, so on the last update here on my weblog, you can find the link to my main papercraft webpage where you can download all the papercraft models I finished so far:
      http://ninjatoes.blogspot.com/2012/11/papercraft-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of_10.html

      (this one is in the Zelda section of course:
      http://ninjatoes.wordpress.com/category/the-legend-of-zelda/)

      So in short: on my main papercraft download page you can see and download all the papercraft models that I finished already, and here on my WIP weblog, you can see other people's papercraft models and updates on any new models I'm working on. ;o)

      Have fun papercrafting!

      Delete