Sunday, January 17, 2016

Papercraft Star Trek U.S.S. Defiant Monitor retexture by Bones McCoy


Some years ago, Bones McCoy retextured my hand-drawn papercraft U.S.S. Defiant that I made from the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" series.

And now he has made a new version, based on the novels "The Return" and "Preserver", written by William Shatner, in which he describes a modified Defiant-class starship called the U.S.S. Monitor having a dark, microdiffracted carbon coated hull...

Just like before, Bones allowed me to share his work on my papercraft webpage, together with my original version, his earlier retexture, and the Bill Perry's redraw, on which Bones' retextures are based:

My original, hand-drawn  papercraft U.S.S. Defiant
Bill Perry's redraw

Bones McCoy's earlier retexture
Download + build your own papercraft Star Trek U.S.S. Monitor (or U.S.S. Defiant ;o)
https://ninjatoes.wordpress.com/2003/08/13/star-trek-uss-defiant-nx-74205/


You can find a few more pictures of both Bones' retextures, in the "hall of fame":

Have fun building!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that first Defiant color scheme. I've been looking all over the Internet for something less bland for my Defiant model and the dark grey paint job is just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! As I explained in the post, you have BoNeS to thank for the dark retexture though, and Bill Perry for redrawing my original hand drawn model in sharper computer graphics. They both did a great job I think! :o)

      Delete