Saturday, February 8, 2020

Papercraft Leon test build and his "what-were-they-thinking"-stance...


I didn't show you much of the 3D editing, since it's so much of the same really: just thinking ahead about how you want to unfold the papercraft model, making sure everything is connected properly and getting rid of any collisions.

And this is a papercraft weblog of course, so I want to show you some paper! 😊


I made good progress on the test build as you can see: as usual, I started with the legs (to make sure the papercraft can stand on its own without falling over). One thing that is blatantly obvious, is that someone on the Final Fantasy character design team has a real leather belt fetish...


The test build went together pretty nicely to be honest! Of course there are always some small things that I want to change, but there's also a bigger change that I will make: Leon's stance is really ridiculous lol... It's the actual pose that I captured from the model viewer with the original animation, but it looks like he has a very painful case of lumbar hyperlordosis... 😆

And although Leon can stand on his own without falling over now, I'm pretty sure that he will when I add his gunblade. It's not a big change for the papercraft though, I'll just straighten his upper body a bit.

And the hair. Oh, the spiky Japanese video game hair. 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment