Sunday, August 22, 2021

Unreal Prisoner 849 papercraft WIP 3 (upperbody, arms & hands)


I did Quakeguy during my summer vacation, but now that's over, you'll notice that Prisoner 849 is taking me a lot longer to finish, because I can only work on him during my scarce spare time... 😉

So it's slowly but surely and I did some more work since last week, particularly on the arms and upperbody.

How far you go in remodelling a game model for a papercraft is always a personal choice I think: you can keep the 3D model almost exactly as it is, create a completely new 3D model only using the game model to get the proportions and pose right, or go anywhere in between of course.

I usually try making it somewhere in between, in this case in a style that fits with my earlier Quakeguy papercraft, but that also still looks like it came from the Unreal game of course. 🙂


Oh, and do you remember Quakeguy's 'hands'? They were simple 'blobs' that I changed so the papercraft would be able to hold his gun, but in Unreal the hands are already kind of 2.5D;


The palms are 3D already, but all those tiny finger pieces were probably still too much to handle with the gaming technology of 1998 (no joke: just look at your own hands and count all the pieces that make up your hand,  and especially your fingers, realizing how thin and delicate they are!) ✋

So Unreal's solution was to keep the fingers as flat, 2D pieces (like the hands on the papercraft Link I made for my Epona & Link papercraft!)

Which is great, because with hands like those, papercraft Prisoner 849 should already be able to hold his gun eventually! 🙂

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment