Saturday, January 13, 2024

Perfect Dark Joanna Dark papercraft WIP 2 : The Trouble with Textures


So obviously, the Busy Days are far from over, so work on Joanna Dark is progressing very slowly, but it is progressing a little bit! 😀

I'm finding myself having to spend a lot of time on the texturing though, because pretty much every texture on the extracted 3D model seems to have issues: the thing is though, that I can't really remember if that's just from the extraction process (link), having to use an emulation plugin, or whether is was like that on the Nintendo 64 console itself too...?

The textures themselves are quite small, but I'm used to that from games of this era of course. But take Joanna's belt for example: it doesn't show in the extracted game model at all, while the textures for it were extracted just fine!? 

Like I said,I don't really remember if the belt was there in the game when playing it on the actual N64 console, but since the textures were extracted ,I'm just trying to put the extracted textures in what I think should be the right place.

But then another problem was that one half was colored like I expected it to be, while the other half was almost unrecognizably dark!? And they also seem to be very strangely aligned?

Pretty much every texturee has issues like this, so I'm basically using my best judgement to get a papercraft of a (properly) fully textured Joanna!

It's a lot of extra work while I already have little spare time for the foreseeable future unfortunately, but I think I'll be happier with the final papercraft with all the textures in (what I think is) the right place so I'll just persevere! 😉

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment