Thursday, June 11, 2020

LEGO Tomb Raider II Brick Lara statuette MOC


Yes yes, this is a papercraft weblog... But you already know I love LEGO too. 🧱😇 I came across a LEGO Lara made by vir-a-cocha, and I got inspired to make my own LEGO Lara statuette!


(check out vir-a-cocha's version on their Flickr page:

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

Vir-a-cocha made their LEGO Lara in her classic adventurer's outfit, so I decided to make her in the Tomb Raider II SOLA wetsuit version (I made a papercraft vignette of it as well: link 😉).

I think you can a lot of similarities in construction, and also some differences. My Brick Lara has a different pose, and to be honest it's not very stable: I guess she's made to look at, and not play with... 😋

Some notes:
  • Lara's waist is supported by two only studs, so it's not very strong... Handle her with care!
  • Lara's upper legs kept popping loose, so I inserted two 3L bars into her thighs to prevent that from happening.
  • Because of the running pose, Lara wants to fall backwards, breaking apart her right leg, so I added that Weird Rock Piece to support her left leg. 😉
  • I used Technic 1/2 pins to attach Lara's backpack and holsters, and to prevent them from rotating, I inserted small strips of paper for a tighter fit.
  • Lara's backpack is in the way of her ponytail, but there is enough play in the round bricks to angle them a little bit to clear it. 😉

I made a parts list (be sure to check it thoroughly yourself to make sure I didn't make a mistake!)  and building instructions if you want to make your own Brick Lara exactly the same way as I did (you can get all the bricks from the wonderful BrickLink website).

But don't forget it's LEGO, so you can also just make a different version your own way of course! 😀





Have fun building!








 


See more pictures: link 📷



No comments:

Post a Comment