Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sora, now with two hands!

The final build went together pretty quickly (but of course I have ample experience in building Sora now, after those test builds... ;o)

So now I have to make the instructions, which I will hopefully have time for this weekend!

Stay tuned!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Final final templates

So as you can see, I managed to get the final parts laid out, and if all goes well, building it now should be much faster than the test build of course. ;o)

Stay tuned!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sora's final test build

After trying out several things to get rid of Sora's flat hair, I decided the best solution was to continue the typical "spiky"design.

So now, although he's still missing a hand, I can finally make the last changes and start working on the templates.

Stay tuned!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Airheaded Sora

With the head being the last part that I have to sort out before I can start making the final templates, I'm just not happy with the way the hair looks yet... :o(

Stay tuned!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Who needs a head anyway?

After yesterday's intermezzo by an American McGee's Alice fan, here's a new update on Sora: hands! ;o)

Well, one hand, to be more precise; no need to test build both hands of course, because they both go together almost the same way.

I really like how the keyblade turned out! I think the bigger links of the keychain actually fit the model much better than the tiny, original ones!

Stay tuned for more!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Revamped" Alice by Superunitedkingdom

Well, wasn't this a surprise when I was checking my e-mail! ;o)

Superunitedkingdom sent me some pictures of my American McGee's Alice model with some additions (or should I say, "deductions"...? ;o) of his own (I didn't ask him where he got the pictures for the new textures, sorry... ;o)

And what's more, he also included a download link if you want to build your own revamped Alice, so check out the hall of fame for more information and pictures!

Have fun building!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blades, shafts, bows and keychains.

The Kingdom Key keyblade turned out much larger than I expected! But after test building it once, most things I thought of didn't work out the way I hoped...

I liked the blade of the key, though: it does require a lot of pre-shaping to get the intricate shape right, and you definately need a toothpick or a similar small tool to assemble it, but I think it would have been a real shame to simplify it further...

I did remodel the connection between the shaft and the bow of the key: there's always a little margin of error because no human can cut and fold as exact as a digital 3D model can of course, but in the first version, the imperfections got emphasized because of the way the model was cut up...

I think you'll agree, the second version looks much better. ;o)

Another big change I made was the keychain. At first, I kept it as simple as possible, with all the links of the chain as one flat texture. But because of that, it looked really out of place...

But then I thought, how would you normally make a paper chain? Answer: by linking paper rings together! So that's what I did in the second version. I didn't want the rings to be too small, so there aren't as many links as in the original version, or else the keychain would have become much too long I think.

Although in hindsight, the first version was a lot of work for nothing, I think the changes really make the keyblade look a lot better, so in the end it was all worth it! ;o)

Stay tuned to see me do more stuff that I end up changing anyway! ;o)

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sora test build: part 3

So far so good! The torso went together pretty nicely, I added the new yellow straps around Sora's legs, and I was able to test the balance!

So after fixing the things I found out during the test build so far, all that's missing now are the hands, Keyblade, and Sora's head.

Stay tuned!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...