Saturday, February 17, 2024

2024 Tomb Raider I-III Remastered


Yes of course I've started playing the new Tomb Raider I-III Remastered versions (as the PC versions on Steam). 😀

I'm playing them in the original blocky/pixelated style really only because I like the nostalgia for me; so I love that Aspyr made it so easy to switch between the classic and Remastered style by just pressing the F1 key when playing whenever I want to see the difference! 😍

Because I proudly admit that I'm a sucker for my nostalgia, I will keep making my papercraft Tomb Raider vignettes in the blocky/pixelated style though! 💪

In case you were wondering for yourself: the extraction method for the 3D game models and textures that I always use on my original PC CD-ROM versions also works for the blocky/pixelated version of the Remastered games  for PC (because Aspyr basically just included the same level data - including the ones for the extra/Gold add-ons this time! 😀).

It does NOT work for the Remastered 3D models because their data seems to be in a whole different file format (.trg) that the tool I use can not open!

If you want too though, you can very easily view the Remastered textures as .dds image files from the game folders that Steam's creates when installing the games! (always make a copy of the files to play with them if you want too of course!!)

Have fun building! (and playing!) 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment