Friday, December 5, 2008

"Strike a pose, any pose."

Like I mentioned before, sometimes it's necessary to take a step back to go forward when you have a stroke of inspiration to improve on your work in progress.

From the start, the plan was to pair up my new Ganondorf model with my Fierce Deity Link, as if they were ready to fight one final, epic battle to decide the fate of Hyrule.

The pose of Link is quite good for that, he's focused and ready to counter when Ganondorf will make his move.

The original pose I intended for Ganondorf was also a focused, tense one, but then I started thinking; with all the power (and ego) he has, Ganondorf wouldn't be so tense to fight Link. In fact, he would probably be quite unimpressed by Oni Link's fierce appearance, thinking he is unbeatable.

And then I thought: I already did such a pose before, from that other tough guy: Auron. I like Ganon(dorf)'s sword, but I'll be placing it resting leisurely on Ganondorf's shoulder like Auron has. The other hand will be on his hip, and he'll have the same confident (a bit arrogant) and relaxed stance as Auron. These guys fear nobody.

So that's what I'll be doing the next two days: getting Ganondorf into that pose, un-punify him and maybe I'll be able to start the real work as well. ;o)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment