Saturday, September 26, 2020

A teeny, tiny, little bit of progress on papercraft Phantom Hourglass Tetra


Yay, finally some papercraft Tetra progress! 🙂

Yeah, yeah, only a teeny, tiny little bit of progress, but still. 😉

Although when possible, I always go through a lot of extra trouble to extract a game model with its animations so I can get them in a nice pose for the papercraft, for Phantom Hourglas Tetra the extracted animation and poses weren't very interesting... But the model is pretty simple so I just chose a nice artwork image and I'll just try remodelling that pose using the extracted model as a base reference.


As you can see, so far, I did the legs! (yes, that's really all so far 😉)

If you look closer, you'll see that I did a little bit more than just change their position to fit the desired pose, though. Just like with Linebeck 9 years ago (apparantly, I actually released Linebeck exactly 9 years ago - which I swear is just a coincidence though 😇) I want Tetra to be a bit more 'smooth'; the arms and legs on the extracted game model are just square, but I found for Linebeck that if I make them hexagonal, it already makes it possible to make the papercraft's arms and legs much more rounded in the end!

Of course that's entirely optional: you can leave the arms and legs as they are, or divide them even more to make them even more rounded.

You will have to do some remodelling of the game model though, because as usual with game models like these, the legs, arms, head etc. are pushed inside other bodyparts, which you can't do with a papercraft in the physical world of course. 😉


It may be while again before I get to do some work on Tetra, but stay tuned and eventually she'll get paperfied; have fun! 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment