Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween 2021: free papercraft The Legend of Zelda Majora's Moon! :o)


Download + build your own free papercraft Majora's Moon:


Every year, I like to make a special ~scaaaaary~ papercraft for Halloween. 🎃 And I think the Moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is exceptionally scary...!  🌚😨

I've been working on it for the past few weeks, even though I didn't really change as much from the game model as I sometimes do for a new papercraft.

Most of the work went into editing the textures. Some of them didn't seem properly aligned on the game model, and even though it's very hard to see because of the crater-pattern, I decided to redo all the textures.

Especially in the face, the original textures looked extra stretched to me. It actually was pretty tough to redo in a way that looked good. But I think it turned out okay. 😊

Another thing was the mouth. On the game model, it is just a flat texture, but I decided to give the papercraft a simple open mouth because I felt it would look a little nicer in the physical world. 😀


The test build went together pretty fast, but don't think Majora's Moon is a simple papercraft just because it doesn't have a lot of parts and the parts themselves are nice and big...!

Some parts are actually pretty tricky, but as is the case with all papercrafts, it becomes easier if you make sure you pre-shape all the parts thorougly with all the fold lines and curves before gluing them together.

But even then, it is always difficult to make spherical papercrafts, especially when it is time to glue the sections together to close the sphere and you can't really reach inside anymore, so take your time, and don't become frustrated...!




Download + build your own free papercraft Majora's Moon:

Have fun and happy Halloween 2021! 🎃









No comments:

Post a Comment