Saturday, September 17, 2011

Linebeck papercraft WIP 13


Making a test build is a lot of extra work, but for me, it's an important step: I always find things that I like to change to improve the final paper model. ;o)

Of course a test build can be fast and sloppy, because it only serves to try out the way I want to cut up the separate parts, so often I don't bother about the line colours and exact shape or size of the glueing tabs and things like that.

After the test build, I often have some things left to change on the 3D model, and then on the final unfold, I have a better idea of which fold lines you don't really need so I can hide them in Pepakura Designer, which edges should have the glueing tabs and what shape and size they should be, I can change the line colours so they blend in with the parts when printed and so on...

And then in Photoshop, I can make the final fixes on the final templates, and add some nice illustrations, part numbers, extra directions, etc...

The final templates for Linebeck are finished now, so now I can build him for real!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment