Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Papercraft "LIINO" ("LEGO Indy In Name Only") WIP 3


Remember that LEGO Pirates Imperial Soldier backpack I was making in SketchUp? This is what the papercraft test build looks like!

And I'm happy to say that it turned out really well! ;o)


It's always exciting to see whether the plans you made in your head work out in real, paper form, and often I discover some things that I feel could be done better (so I go back to the 3D model to change those parts again (and again and again until I'm satisfied with it) ;o)

De-constructing the complex shape of the backpack into simpler parts worked out really well, together with the "slits-and-tabs" method to make sure everything gets the right shape and goes in the exact right place! ;o)

"Slits-and-tabs" to make sure the aprts are glued on in exactly the right position.
Next, I want to make fake Indy a whip and a treasure map (a different one ;o) because as every adventurer knows, "X" marks the spot! ;o)

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment