Well I mean, he is an alien of course, and I was quite suspicious when he told me he needed to sleep on my chest... But we ended up making papercraft toys (well he made his out of xenonite because it was easier for him) for a puppet show to figure out how to stop the astrophage from the Petrova line from dimming every sun, so in the end it was very! 😉
And don't forget to check this other tweet by itoht paper craft for Rocky's xenonite space ship: https://x.com/itoht2/status/2033039699917635625. Amaze amaze amaze! (try the Internet Archive link if you don't have a Booth account 😀)
Download+ build your own free papercraft Hail Mary Ryland Grace xenonite puppet toy (+ lots more, by itoht paper craft):

Hi! First of all, this website is incredible, amazing job!
ReplyDeleteI ran into your post on Escape from Monkey Island from years ago trying to find a way to get the models, because I'm trying to make a birthday present for someone and I planned to do a card posing them in blender... Then I found your guides, and now I want to gift them a papercraft Guybrush lol
But I'd still love to be able to make the card. My problem is I haven't been able to use GLXTractor as you indicate on that post, as I always get the message "Please Choose another folder". Idk what it refers to, and I've tried changing the output folder, names, settings, etc. and running it as admin, and nothing worked... Do you have any idea of what could help? Admittedly, I'm on windows 11, but I have no access to an older OS right now. I'd love to get at least Guybrush and Elaine's models, but no site on the internet ever ripped and uploaded them.
Thanks again for these awesome guides! Sorry to post here instead of on that post but since it's so old I was afraid you wouldn't see it.
Cheers!
Glad to see you're still finding new builds to share despite recovering from the stroke, that takes real dedication. Rocky and Grace's story translates surprisingly well into papercraft since the xenonite design is already so geometric and alien-looking in the book descriptions. Will check out the ship model too, curious how someone approaches the astrophage containment tanks in paper form.
ReplyDelete