Saturday, December 11, 2021

Papercraft Doomguy WIP6; the final stretch


If you've been keeping up to date with the progress on my papercraft-2-be Doomguy, you'll know that the test build went very nicely (that of the Rocketlauncher as well 🙂)!


So I went ahead and with some minor edits I did the final unfold and started making the final templates. I wanted to make a Doomguy logo in the classic Doom style on the template (using tutvid's huge tutorial; or most of it anyway 😉).

It adds absolutely nothing to the actual papercraft of course, but it was fun and I think it actually turned out pretty nice!


But with the final templates done now (well, often I'll end up changing some of the parts numbers around, or switch a gluing flap or two in Pepakura, really just minor things). I can start finishing the papercraft now, though. Starting with making the final build for myself next. 🙂

Stay tuned!



                                            Papercraft Doomguy To Do-list:
        • Extract 3D game model
        • Remodel 3D game model
        • Test unfold
        • Test build
        • Rinse and repeat as needed
        • Final unfold
        • Final templates
        • Final build
        • Instructions
        • Pictures/video
        • Release
        • Next papercraft 😊

1 comment: