Saturday, September 17, 2022

free papercraft Tomb Raider 1 Midas Lara vignette WIP 3


My new papercraft Midas Lara vignette consists of a square box shape, King Midas' hand (or rather a statue hand of King Midas, so I don't really understand why it would possess the magic powers that the real Midas had??) and Lara having been foolish enough to climb on top of it.

I've made enough square boxes and paper Laras by now to know everything on them would unfold and fit nicely, so I really only needed to test build the hand; I did Lara just to see what the textured version would look like.

And it looks okay, at least it shows that it's not normal Lara. But I do think the gold mirror cardstock version makes it much more clear that she's been turned to gold! (well duh)

The hand slopes a bit, so it was a bit tricky to keep the two Lara's from falling over, but paper is pretty forgiving, so by gently bending the legs I got them in a position so they can stand deadstill on Midas' hand... 💀

I'll put both versions on the template so you can choose which one you want to make if you want to try the vignette once I release it*; although like I said before, for the gold version will be a lot easier if you have access to a laser printer: link. 😊

* Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment