Sunday, October 3, 2010

Black Bird & Green Tank

The semi-glossy black spray paint turned out very nice on the plastic Revell SR-71A "Blackbird" model kit I think!

After that, it was just a matter of painting and glueing on the landing gears and putting on the decals, before giving the model a double coat of clear finish.

It isn't a very difficult model, but personally I think the SR-71 is a very smexy-looking plane...! ;o)

So with that project pretty much done, I also made good progress on my new papercraft Advance Wars Green Earth Tank:

After drawing all the parts with a pencil first and making sure they fit properly, I traced the parts with a black pen, and after that, I coloured the parts with markers so I can scan them to make the templates.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. well done on the blackbird! it looks very detailed. any ideas on a next model after the tank?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, with plastic model kits, they can easily make small details using the molds of course, it does look very nice! ;o)

    After the Advance Wars tank, I want to make a simple Halloween theme model, but I'll wait until the tank is finished to make the final decision.

    ReplyDelete