Thursday, October 7, 2010

Copy+pasting in Photoshop

Even though my papercraft Advance Wars models are all drawn by hand, I always like to add part numbers, glueing guides and things like that to the templates in Photoshop.

It also gives me the opportunity to properly rotate and align all the parts, so that I can place them next to each other as much as possible;

In the hand drawn version, I always leave plenty of room between the parts just to be sure, because I often don't know exactly how big the parts will be, and you don't want to have the parts end up overlapping each other of course! ;o)

Another bonus of using a computer program to lay out the final templates properly, is that you don't have to draw symmetrical parts twice: you can simply copy and mirror them, which is a lot faster! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you drew your Advance Wars models by hand! So do you use a scanner to get them into Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, that's exactly what I use!

    At one point, my parents got me a flatbed scanner "for school" ;o) and it's still one of the best gifts I ever got! ;o)

    Now I could share my hobby with others, and even though I often use Pepakura Designer now, I still like to make them by hand from time to time, especially my Advance Wars series!

    ReplyDelete