Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How to cut up a cat

The first thing I always do when I start making a new papercraft model (regardless whether I make it by hand or on the computer) is cutting up the model into seperate sections.

It makes building the final paper model easier, and it gives you something to work with, a plan that you can follow instead of aimlessly trying to get it to look and build right.

I'm sure it's obvious that the arms and tail can follow pretty much the same technique as those on the Moomba doll as well as the head (albeit a very different shape ;o)

The legs on the Cait Sith doll though are much thicker than those on the Moomba doll, so I think it won't be a problem if you just glue them on top of the boots, instead of pushing them inside.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Itchy and Scratchy from The Simpsons, with the cat gettong cut up and experiencing other painful situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking sweet so far, man :) I like that you can still use the same kind of method for putting the arms and legs on. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be making this when it comes out, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think that method works well for both the Moomba doll and the Cait Sith doll (after all, their seperate parts are pretty similar in appearance).

    I don't think it will work very good for *all* the dolls though, but I'll worry about that when I make them. ;o)

    The Itchy and Scratchy show ey, haha! Yeah, this could be a scene from basically any of their clips, that poor cat... ;o)

    ReplyDelete