Sunday, August 9, 2020

FF9 Beatrix papercraft WIP (test build #2)

Firstly, a little heads-up about the Final Fantasy IX extraction tutorial at the start of my Beatrix papercraft; I added the 'combined version' of the tutorial in one image last week - which I put off at first because it was so much work because the tutorial was so long... So in the end I decided to make it into a 'condensed' version of the tutorial on my weblog. 😇

But back to the test build for Beatrix now! ...which is done actually already - twice. 😁

Like I said, I felt the first one was way too big (the parts for the feet alone were almost a quarter of sheet by themselves...)

  


I did end up test building the Save the Queen sword first, just because I already had it printed and I wanted to check it too because it has quite a lot of pieces because of its shape...

  

But after finishing that first test build, I did another, smaller one, fixing some of the things from the first test build already and see if it was still 'acceptable' to build at a smaller size, and what that smaller size would look like.

  

And yeah, I felt it was okay and a much more fitting size for this blocky Beatrix! She went together without much problems really, and I think with the edge-coloring on the final version, she will look really nice! 🙂

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment