Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cloud 9

During weeknights, I can't spend nearly as much time as I want (need? ;o) to on Cloud while I'm still in the 3D modeling stage (but I do like playing around a bit with other stuff, like brainstorming about a logo for Nintendo Papercrafts ;o)

I did do *some* work again, though, so here's Cloud update #9: ;o)

I rebuilt Cloud's upper chest and back area. It didn't exist yet, because in the game, it is hidden by his cloak anyway.

For the same reason, the textures of Cloud's torso stopped midway his chest and back as well, but I think I did a pretty good job editing en retexturing them to include the upper parts as well, and so that they don't really stand out from the original ones. ;o)

I also tried out my first idea for the cloak/collar, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go. I think it would be better to make the cloak all in one part, and then glue the cloak in its entirety over Cloud's body/torso.

So that's what I'll be trying out next time: changing the parts I already changed again. One step forwards, one step back. ;o)

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great so far. Making the cloak all in one sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it will be a lot easier and more practical. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! Its nice to see the project rolling along! I really like your extensive quality check method. This is gonna be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I just use the same "quality check method" (looking at the model to see if I'm happy with everything ;o) I always do.

    But maybe because I'm taking so damn long on Cloud it *seems* extra extensive haha... ;o)

    ReplyDelete