Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween 2020 - with these free papercraft Warcraft III Spiders!

 

So here it finally is, my Halloween 2020 papercraft!🎃
(Sorry to all arachnaphobiacs, but I hope it helps to realize that these spiders are just made from paper  🕸🕷 😉)


Download + build your own free papercraft Warcraft III Spiders (+lots more!):





● Fangs

The base models are from the Warcraft III video game (the original Reign of Chaos one from 2002) but as usual I tweaked them a bit compared to the game models; like how the legs connect to the thorax (it is still pretty difficult to glue them on, but take your time and don't worry about it being messy! 😉) and adding fangs (because I felt it made them look scarier... 😁)




● Photo paper

The Warcraft III game has four different colors of spiders (I'll add a 3D model extraction tutorial for Warcraft III soon) and I added a blank version where you can easily see the fold lines (it's mostly for the legs, and after doing one you probably get the idea 😉).

Normally I use plain, 200 gsm paper to build my papercrafts, but this time I decided the colors and the spiders's exoskeletons might look extra nice if they would be a bit shiny - so I decide to print the parts on glossy HP Everyday Photo Paper Q5451A.

And the finished paper Spiders do look really nice I think, but I have to say it was so much more difficult! to glue with the Tesa All-purpose glue that I always use; The glossy finish makes everything more slippery with the glue, and it took much longer to get a good bond before I could let go of the parts... 😝




● Pictures









(and lots more pictures here: link)

Happy Halloween and have fun building! 🎃🕷


No comments:

Post a Comment