Monday, April 5, 2021

papercraft Tomb Raider III RX-Tech Mines vignette quick test build (WIP 2)


So with an extra day off, I decided to do a quick test build of the stand and minecart for the new Tomb Raider III papercraft vignette I'm making. 😊

One conclusion: the minecart is sooo big when you print it! 😂 It's basically 5 big parallellograms on the outside and 5 big parallellograms on the inside; that's basically 2 pages for just the minecart tub, and then another 1 the bottom and wheels.

To fit the minecart on it, the stand will be a bit bigger than the usual 9 cm x 9 cm (more like Young Lara's 9 cm x 12 cm stand), and I made the lever Lara has to hit to switch tracks slant outwards a bit:




Also, you gotta love those 90's early 3d video game style blocky, hexagonal wheels, (well at least I like them for nostalgia's sake I guess 😋) so I decided to keep them that way and not make them a bit more rounded. 😇


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment