Sunday, April 11, 2021

papercraft Tomb Raider III RX-Tech Mines vignette WIP 3 (Lara test unfold)


Since last time, I fixed/changed the things on the minecart 3D model that I felt could be done a little bit better after test build, like some of the textures, difficult connections, stuff like that.

Oh, and I totally forgot the lights on the sides of the minecart, but I added them now. 😉


And I did a quick test unfold lf Lara herself! 😊

Although I made quite a few paper vignette Laras by now, each one is still a little different, so I still always like to make a test build. Test builds are quick and ugly, just to try out whether all the parts fit together the way I imagined, if it's easier to assemble a certain order, whether the textures that I edited look okay (or a least passable 😉), if the fold lines don’t stand out too much, etc.

You can also see I don't really care about the paper size in Pepakura Designer, since I always do the final layout and finishing touches of the templates in Photoshop. You can also print papercrafts directly from Pepakura Designer/Viewer though, if that's your thing. 😉

I always like to try to place the parts on the templates next to the ones they should be glued to, or at least so that it makes (a bit of 😉) sense. I think it helps to build the papercraft, but usually for a test build, I just put them on the templates the way they fit on the paper best.

All that will have to wait until next time though, since it will b a busy week *again*...

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment