Sunday, January 9, 2022

Papercraft Tomb Raider "key fishing" vignette WIP3 (remodelling)


As I showed you before, most of the work remodelling the extracted Tomb Raider 3D models goes into cleaning up the connections/joints between the different bodyparts. It's not very difficult really, it just takes a lot of time if you're having a busy week again...

I also always end up editing the textures a bit. The original ones are always a bit shuffed around, but especially for the face and chest/torso it's a bit easier to remodel the 3D model if you join the texture pieces together into more logical, 'whole' shapes.


Oh, and something else: did you notice the mistake I made last time? 😁

I put the lock on the wrong side of the gate; you should put it on the side Lara's on, so she can actually open it once she nabbed the keys.

I also cleaned up the holes in the gate's grate, and divided them a bit differently, so that it fits Lara's arm sticking through a bit better and it just looks a bit nicer this way I think.


Stay tuned for more! 😊

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my newest papercraft Tomb Raider vignette! I'm actually getting close to releasing it on my download page http://www.ninjatoes.wordpress.com/

      I like making papercrafts so yes I'll keep making them, Tomb Raider and other ones! ;o)

      Have fun!

      Delete