Sunday, March 6, 2022

3D Duke Nukem papercraft WIP 2: remodelling scary Duke


I'm afraid I haven't been sharing many updates on my new 3D Duke Nukem papercraft because of, well you know, being busy. 

But I didn't want to withhold this absolutely horrifying image from you:

Did you know...

that Duke Nukem...

does not have eyes!!???


It's true, if we can believe the textures for Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project!


Brrr... I guess now we know why he always wears his iconic sunglasses (the shadow of which seems to be permanently branded onto his face, btw...) even in the middle of the night. 😎

Other than that, remodelling the game model is going okay actually: Manhattan Project is from 2002, and actually, I think you could make a rather nice 'smooth' papercraft out of the model with more curved shapes. But since I want to make it fit with my other classic shooter papercrafts like Quakeguy, Unrealguy, and Doomguy, in the end I will be scoring all the fold lines to make the papercraft a bit more 'angular'.

And of course, for the era, there are always some collissions of bodyparts (well mostly due to me changing Duke's pose, though) to remodel to make it into a papercraft, and of course, the 'clump hands' (fingers are hard to make in video games and papercraft! 😋)

I'll remodel those into some 'grabby hands' that let Duke actually holds his insanely huge super duper futuristic gun.

Hey, what can I say? Duke likes big guns and I can not lie...


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment