Sunday, August 5, 2012

Papercraft Star Wars TIE-fighter release!


Here it finally is, my hand-drawn, aquarel-coloured papercraft Star Wars TIE-fighter!

Download + build your own papercraft TIE-fighter from the new Star Wars category on my papercraft webpage:
The scale should be about 1:32 (although you can never really be sure with sci-fi spaceships... ;o) and although especially the cockpit interior stems mostly from my imagination, I really like the way it turned out!

Being a big Star Wars fan but not having made any Star Wars papercraft model myself yet, it was a lot of fun making this model. There are a lot of parts, mostly for the "layering" technique which works best if you use thicker paper (I always use 200 gsm paper) but the trickiest part is probably glueing together the inside and outside of the command pod, with the main, octagonal viewport in between.

Take your time for this step (and all the other steps as well of course! ;o) and use the ring around the viewport to cover up any imperfection.

Don't use any glue to attach the hatch at the top, so you can open it to see the interior. For the wings, I'll leave it up to you whether you want to glue them on or not (so that you can remove them for easy storage if you want ;o)

Have fun building!

3 comments:

  1. Yahooooooo ! Bravo \o/ ! I download it right know and print it. I will have fun building it when I will be on holidays next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will have fun! It has *a lot* of parts, so you'll be cutting a long time... ;o)

    I think the trickiest part is to glue the inside and the outside of the command pod together with the "window" in between; you can use the ring around the window to cover up any imperfections, but it's still best to take your time on that step (and on all the other steps as well of course! ;o)

    Have a good holiday, and don't spend all your time inside making paper models...! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :).

      For the piece 23, I need to find transparent paper. Need to go to my local store before going away.

      Delete