Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fierce Deity Link papercraft WIP update

I managed to re-model the parts on the legs and arms of Fierce Deity Link that were merged inside eachother, so I have just the hands and the head and cap left to do.

The reason why I paused for a moment on these parts, is that I'm debating wether I should continue experimenting making my models easier to build like I did on my adult Link riding Epona, or that I should just make Fierce Deity Link in the same style as my young Link.

I'm leaning ever so slightly towards making it more in young Link style, even if it is just a little more difficult to make. But I'll make sure to make up my mind before the weekend, so I can work on it then. ;o)

Stay tuned!

greetz ninjatoes

7 comments:

  1. If I was you I would make it like Young Link. I am not the best papercrafter around but I would rather make a really hard high quality one than an easy one that's not high quality, but that's just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it would be SUPER awesome if you made both, but that might be too much work unfortunately. But the fact that you're making Fierce Deity Link is in itself SUPER awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, young Link is only an *eenie-meenie* tiny bit more difficult than my Epona adult Link: it's mainly the hands and ears, that I made more or less 2D rather than 3D on my adult Link, because those are the two parts on young Link that some people have problems with figuring out how to assemble them. The rest of it is basically the same style, so the difficulty isn't *much* different, only a little. ;o)

    But I think even small parts like those can influence how much fun a papercraft is to build, and how good it looks. It's always a tough challenge to find the right balance between those factors.

    greetz ninjatoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEP!! I'm so excited! Also, any chance you'll do any work from any of the kingdom hearts games?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been planning to do paper models based on KH ever since I played the games, because I really like them.

    The only question is when, because there are so many things that I like that I have to make a difficult choice every time I start a new project...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I would love Feirce Deity in either poses, but, I have an idea that could BLOW PEOPLES MINDS, with only a few simple adjustments, using the template found here, http://guru2.karakasa.com/paper_doll/download_e.html for inspiration, and making simple changes to fit the joints in, you could make a MOVING FULLY ARTICULATED MOVING FIERCE DEITY LINK! People would faint out of sheer awesomeness if they had one of those to build!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, I'm not sure it would only take a "few, simple adjustments" but a fully articulated paper action figure of Fierce Deity Link (or another kick ass character) would be quite nice to make. ;o)

    ReplyDelete