Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sora's clown's feet

Because game models weren't really created with papercraft purposes in mind, I always try to edit them to make the final paper model more fun to build.

It's actually the most time consuming part of the entire process, as you can probably imagine. While you always try to think of everything, it's still difficult to predict the results of the work you're doing on the 3D model, after it's been unfolded and put together in paper later on...

The best way to see whether or not things work out the way you hoped, is to try them of course! ;o)

And of course there's no need to wait until you're completely finished! ;o)

Test building parts of your model is a nice way to prevent yourself from getting bored and frustrated with the 3D editing (which like I said, can take *a long* time...) and if you do need to fix things, you don't need to go back all the way, but only a little! ;o)

5 comments:

  1. That. Looks. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, but there may be some balancing troubles. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it so far. ;o)

    I'm really not too concerned about balancing problems (his feet are *huge* so they provide a lot of stability ;o) but the real test will be when I add the rest of him of course. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, my first thought about Sora was "Doesn't Ronald McDonald want his shoes back?".
    Were you good at 3d editing even when you just started?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha not really no, I had to learn it first too of course! ;o) And I'm still ever learning of course, but luckily for me, just for papercraft purposes, you don't really need to be a 3D expert. ;o)

    ReplyDelete