Saturday, May 21, 2011

New webpoll: unfinished builds

Sometimes you come across a great papercraft model, only to find that it's much more difficult and time consuming than you thought...

Or have you yet to find a paper model you couldn't build? ;o)







Did you ever...

...start a papercraft model that you ended up finding too difficult to make?




No, I haven't found a model I couldn't build yet!
Yes, and I threw away the parts.
Yes, but I kept the parts to try again later.







Since some people like building lots of small and simple models, while others prefer building only big and complex models, it wouldn't really be fair to compare last poll's results (and papercraft isn't a race anyway! ;o)

So I think really the only conclusion we can draw from last time's webpoll, seeing how many models most people built, is that papercraft is a really fun and addictive hobby! ;o)



Have fun building!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't found any that were too tough, but I've found quite a few that were so badly designed that it wasn't fun to do them. I don't have time in my life for things that aren't fun, so they go in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you're right about that: if it's fun to do, it doesn't really matter if it's a very big or difficult model for most people. As long as it's fun, they'll see it through till the end, even if it takes them a very long time.

    And the opposite is also true, of course... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have only been 1 or 2 models that I found too poorly designed/confusing to continue, and those I just scrapped. The other 2 I gave up on were due to the medium... I was trying to make an entry for that Front Mission contest out of transparency film instead of paper... that didn't work out so well. Neither did trying to make a PaperRollar mecha out of Shrinky-Dink film....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to use very good glue because plastic won't absorb the glue like paper does, so it's more difficult to get a good bond.

    And unfortunately, most glues won't dry completely transparant, so you will see the dried up glue through the transparancies... :o(

    But as part of a bigger model, transparant parts can look very good, and I like using them too!

    ReplyDelete