Monday, November 7, 2011

The small metal rod


I sometimes get the question what I use "that small metal rod" for that I mention in a lot of my instructions.

The answer might be a bit disappointing for some people I think, because it's not for a special, super secret papercraft technique or anything... ;o)

As indicated in the instructions above, it's really just an alternative to a toothpick, only longer and stronger.

It's a useful tool for pre-shaping small, round parts, and for reaching inside a model you're building when you're fingers are too big or not long enough.

For pre-shaping, you can also use the toothpick, and for reaching inside models, you can also the back end of a spoon or something like that.

If you want to know a bit more about basic papercraft techniques, you might want to check out Yamaha's papercraft tutorial: link

Have fun building!

No comments:

Post a Comment