Saturday, March 14, 2020

Grim Fandango papercraft Manny test build


So I already started the test build (and finished it 😉) of Manny from the last post. As I explained then, this is by no means the only or even best way of turning Manny into a papercraft of course! But although this is just a quick and messy test build, and I actually somehow (again) messed up the printing scale so he actually turned out smaller than I intended (18 cm, but I will make him a bit bigger) I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out. 👍

Manny is not a very hi-poly, detailed game model of course, but you guys probably know by now that I actually really like that look. From my previous Leon papercraft for example you can see that it is definitely possible to make smoother papercrafts, but this blocky style looks really good as a papercraft!


The hands went together very well too, even though they too were smaller than intended of course; Manny's scythe balances well in his one hand (I always try not to have to glue it on) and Manny's cigarette in the other, so so far so good. 😇 Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment