Sunday, November 8, 2020

free Phantom Hourglass Tetra papercraft WIP 5: first test build unfold

 

Yay, I can finally start Tetra's test build like I planned three weeks ago! 😉

With actual life and absolutely having to finish and release my Halloween 2020 papercraft in time of course, it took me a while, but at least I managed to unfold the 3D model for the test build;

The test build is of course to check if all the parts fit together in paper form, and whether the paper model will look like 'game Tetra'.

But it also gives me an opportunity to try out different ways of unfolding certain pieces and glue flap positions and see which way I like better. I can also try out different line colors, which even when they're very noticeable in Pepakura Designer and in the final PDF file, end up being quite difficult to see on the printed version...

Especially with more or less symmetrical parts, I can compare different options in one test build and see which I like best for the final version! 😀

The only thing is, now I will have to find the time to build the test build... 😆

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment