Saturday, October 19, 2019

Final Fantasy X Iron Giant papercraft WIP update


When I make a papercraft from a video game, I always rework the original game model to be better suited for papercrafting (I normally use Metasequoia to do this, because it's a relatively simple 3D program to use that can do anything I want for papercraft modelling, and the file format works perfectly with Pepakura Designer, which I use to unfold the 3D model into 2D papercraft parts). 💻

The most important thing I rework are any 'collisions' (parts going through other parts because that's simply not possible in the physicial world of course) but also tiny parts or folds that would be very difficult to handle on the final papercraft model, while adding not much visible detail on the size of papercrafts I like to make them (although you can keep those of course if you want to make a very detailed papercraft, or a very big one where those pieces wouldn't be so small anymore 😊)

Another thing that I like to do, is to break up the model up into pieces that you can build in separate sections instead of one hollow shell. This often makes assembling the final papercraft model much easier and the paper model will be even stronger!

Although these 3D reworking steps are probably not very interesting to see (staring at a virtual 3D model you can't touch on a computer screen...) I think they're actually the most important steps and probably take me the most time when making papercraft models, and I figured I'd give a quick update so you know it will probably be a while before this Paper Giant is finished... 😉

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment