Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Next papercraft project: Iron Giant (not that one though, sorry...!)

(yes, I have a widescreen monitor now; my old one died...)
With my Halloween 🎃 papercraft well underway I'm confident to finish it well in time. I would really like to pick up my 'usual' papercraft series as well of course; I already did with the Tomb Raider Home Sweet Home vignette, the LEGO monkey, and just recently Paper Puppet Zelda. So I figured next would be a Final Fantasy papercraft (the last one is from 6 years ago, so it's about time...)

Now that still left *a lot* of options with all the possible characters from all the Final Fantasy games of course, but this time, I chose one of the enemies from arguably my favourite Final Fantasy game: an Iron Giant from Final Fantasy X!

I used yaz0r's ModelviewerWXD3D9 in combination with Roman Lut's 3D Ripper DX to extract the game model, but as you saw from Paper Puppet Zelda and many of my other previous papercrafts, it will probably take me some time working on this original 3D model before I can even think about unfolding it (although actually it's best to think about how you want to unfold it *while* you work on the 3D model, but you get what I mean right...? 😉)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment