Sunday, October 27, 2019

First papercraft FFX Iron Giant test build pieces are... big.


So... after reworking the 3D model, I unfolded the first parts to do a first test build. ...and I was a bit taken aback by how huge the parts would be compared to other papercrafts of mine!

Using the actual in-game scale of an Iron Giant relative to my earlier Lulu and Auron papercrafts would probably end up bigger than myself! 😋

But even making it about the same height as Lulu and Auron, would make most parts not even fit a single sheet of paper... So I made it a little bit smaller, and as you can see, some pieces are still relatively HUGE but at least fit on the paper.

I think I'll have to think about what size I'll want the final version to have some more after the test build, but for now, I'll go with this size and see whether the parts for the arms and torso will also fit on the paper (his head is actually tiny in comparison, so that will be okay). 😉

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment