Sunday, July 3, 2022

Papercraft Master Chief WIP 4, more 3D editing: I think I maybe changed a bit too much :op


Yesterday's WIP post was just an intermezzo; I'm still working on remodelling the 3D model I extracted from the game to make it fit a papercraft model in the end a bit nicer.

I'm actually not changing that much, but I can't work on it all the time of course, so I do it in small parts. After last time changing the legs a bit, now I've done the waist, torso and arms too.

Like I said earlier, some pieces like the elbows really have to be changed: pieces that 'go through each other' like this can't be done in papercraft later on!

This particular game model actually doesn't really has many issues like this, and they're easily changed:


But like I said, a lot of the changes I'm making are just a personal choice. I did stop after changing the arms though, because when I took a step book to see what it looked like, I felt I changed the connection between the arms and the torso (the armpit/shoulder area) a bit too much and it didn't really look like how I wanted... (it's easier to see from the back I think)


I pretty much 'blended' the shoulders/armpits into the body, while in the game, there's a distinctive, black transition 'part', where the shoulder/armpit narrows a bit and then connects to torso.

So you see sometimes you can end up not liking a change you made. 😛
But if you don't,: just change it again until you do: it's your papercraft you're making! 😉

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment