Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Secret project first parts test build

Well, here's another update on my secret project: I'm slowly getting there. ;o)

After working off and on on the 3D model the past week and a half, I have finally re-built most of the parts in such a way that I think they'll be easy enough to build in paper, and I only have a few more parts left to work on.

So because I had enough of this tedious work for now, I decided to unfold the first few parts in Pepakura Designer to see if things will work out the way I hope they will...

I'm afraid this doesn't mean I'm nearly finished, though: I always find things to fix during the test building, even on small and relatively simple parts like these...

Know that this is just a quick screencap, so I'll probably find a better, more logical way to unfold the parts on the final model, and I also didn't fix the tabs yet; you probably won't even recognize these parts on the final template. ;o)

Or maybe you will, because I'm sure you already recognized them to be the legs, right? ;o)

What I'm trying to say, is: test building the model isn't the final stage in making a paper model, for me it's just another step in between, helping me to find any flaws that I overlooked so I can fix them *before* I finalize the model, rather than finding out afterwards that "it could have been better..."

So like I said: I'm slowly getting there, but it's not quite done yet. I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish the rest of the work on the 3D model coming weekend as I had hoped to, because I haven't been able to do much work on it during the past few days...

Keep your eyes peeled for new updates on my secret project. Even though I'm trying to hide what it is exactly, I will try to keep you up to date on its status.

And before I forget: I just put up a new clue on my blog...

2 comments:

  1. is the secret project Lady Luck, being the secretwip= secret woman in purple? Kaizo made an update about that so is he the one that ur afraid would stop if he saw you're doing the same thing?! :O :O :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. WASIKOWSKA?
    Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete