Wednesday, August 8, 2012

papercraft LEGO Black Knight WIP11


After finishing my Star Wars TIE-fighter first, of course I didn't forget about my LEGO Black Knight minifig! ;o)

There are quite a few part sheets, because of all the extra parts (armorplate, helmet visor, three dragon plumes, sowrd, shield...) and many parts have to have an inside as well so the minifig can be taken apart and put together just like a real LEGO minifig!

The basic minifig parts (head, torso, arms, legs...) are the same as usual, so I've gotten pretty familiar with building them, and the test builds makes that the new parts shouldn't give me much trouble either I think. ;o)

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Cant wait to see it :) Question? What would be the best weight of paper to make these models? I'm building the Pirate one now, and Im using 110 lbs and it seems a little flimsy :-/
    What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The system to measure paper weights that's used where I live is very different than the lbs system I'm afraid: I always use 200 gsm paper, which stands for 200 grams per square meter. That means the paper is about 2.5 times as thick as regular printer paper, because that's only about 75-80 gsm.

      But because the lbs system is very different, I'm afraid I can't give you a clear, equal conversion of 200 gsm in lbs, because the lbs system has a lot more variables.

      But I think the most important part is that if you've tried it out, and you feel it's too flimsy, you can try some paper that is a little bit thicker and see if you like that better. Although 200 gsm paper works for me, other people prefer 120 gsm or 160 gsm, so it's really a personal choice.

      Bascially, the thicker the paper, the stronger your paper model will be. But of course if the paper is *too* thick, it's too hard to work with, but like I said, that's different for each person. ;o)

      I hope you'll find a kind of paper that you like, good luck and have fun building!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the Black Knight on the road again :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was on hold for a while while I finished the TIE-fighter, but now I'm working on building him and making the instructions!

      Delete