Saturday, September 14, 2019

Paper Puppet Zelda hair woes, and legs test build


Here's a good example of the difference between 3DCG models for games and 3DCG models for papercrafts: in paper form, Puppet Zelda's hair can't pass through her shoulder of course. So I changed that in the 3DCG model, and hopefully it will look good on the test build (if not, I'll just change it of course 😉).

Speaking of test builds: I was all excited and figured I'd get started already. 😇 I'll do the test build in stages (because otherwise I'll probably loose track of any changes I want to make) and obviously, I started with the legs.


My Paper Puppet Zelda won't be as big as First 4 Figures' Ganon's Puppet Zelda figurine as I want to try and make her around the same size as Twilight Link and ZaL (Zora armor Link) who are both about 24 cm tall (she will also not cost $350,- 💸😉).

The good thing about test building legs, is that there are two of them them. So I tried two different ways of unfolding and building them, and I found one of them much nicer so that will be an easy choice. 🦵

Paper Puppet Zelda's undies went together nicely, but I found the boots a bit too tricky to build for what I wanted though, so I'll have another look at the 3DCG model to see if I can simplify them a bit. 🩳👢

So hopefully I will be able to test build the rest of Paper Puppet Zelda the next week or so and find out anything I want to change before the final version, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment