Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The end is nigh! (for the making of my papercraft Puppet Zelda)


If you’ve built one of my papercrafts before, you’ll probably know pictures like this.

It's usually the first picture in the instructions I make, showing you which tools I find useful for assembling the papercraft model, with the parts printed on thicker paper (I always use 200 gsm paper, but 120 gsm or 160 gsm works fine for most people too).

I always number the parts in the order I think makes the papercraft easier to build (but if you find using a different order works better for you, don’t hesitate to do so of course! 😇) I usually start with the legs (so that I can work on the balance of the papercraft early on to make sure it will stand on its own when it’s done) but I thought it would be nice to have the head on the first sheet of the templates, so part 1 is actually on the second sheet. 😉

If you look closely at the picture, you might just make out that the part numbers for the head and hair go all the way up to 93. That might seem like a lot, but there are a lot more parts even: 123 in total. To put that in perspective though, 30 of them alone are for the fingers, and the last 28 parts are just for Puppet Zelda's rapier and accessories (girls love to accessorize 👑).

So like I said, I’ll be making the final build now, and then the instructions using the pictures I’ll be taking. And once everything is done, I’ll upload the free templates on my papercraft webpage. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment