Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Paper Puppet Zelda test build WIP



As you can see, I made good progress with Paper Puppet Zelda's test build! Sure, there are quite a couple of things I will change for the final build, but that's what a test build is for. 😉


The sword was definitely tricky to build! Puppet Zelda's rapier is quite delicate, making the papercraft parts also intricate and thin, but I think it will be doable for the final build like this. 🙂




So at a certain point making papercrafts, I thought: "How cool would it look if I would make each individual finger of a papercraft character?" 😀

My super detailed Super Smash Bros. Melee link was the first one that had all ten fingers, but for Tomb Raider Legend Lara and Final Fantasy X Rikku and Auron I still opted to simplify the hands, especially the fingers. But later on, for papercraft characters like Lulu, I felt it would be worth it to make each finger separate. ✋🖐


And I really think it is worth it, even though anyone that has built one of them, will understand why I only test built one hand... 😉 But I think it looks great on Paper Puppet Zelda holding her rapier, so now I only have to test build the head, and assuming that goes well too, then it's off to making the final version!

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment