Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Just a quick Paper Puppet Zelda update


After talking about Paper Puppet Zelda's legs so much before, I wanted to show you what happens when you stare at something you're making so long: you start to want to change it. 😉

So I ended up doing a bit more work on the legs than I planned at the start but it was fun and I think it will look nicer in the end. 😊 The Twilight lines on her legs are recycled from somewhere else but wrapped around in this case of course, and the Princess' ehm, undies are from an entirely different model that I thought fit nice.

At first I had the shorts flush with the legs, but I thought making them a bit wider at the bottom with a little transition looked better. The same goes for Zelda's boots; the tops of them were flush, but I added a rim as a transition (just like on Twilight Link's boots).

That way, it has just a little bit of extra detail in a very simple way (the extra parts are basically just rings and flat cylinders, which are very easy to make out of paper).

I cleaned up some of the jewelry decorations and clasps on Zelda's clothes, and next is another tricky part, trying to come up with a solution for Zelda's hair, because as you can see at the moment, it goes right through her shoulder... Just cutting out that part won't look very natural, so I'll have to try out a few options to see what they look like and see if I like it.

Once the hair's done, I'll probably make a first test build and after that... I'll probably have some things to change again. 😉 And then I'll be going back and forth like that until I'm happy with Paper Puppet Zelda before I can make the final templates, build and instructions.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment