Sunday, November 3, 2019

papercraft Final Fantasy X Iron Giant test build finished


Okay so if youv'e been reading the last few 'work in progress' posts on my papercraft Iron Giant (link), you know I was a little bit worried about the scale/size.

But with the test build done (yes, I know I test built only one hand 😉) I ended up actually quite liking it! 😃

At this size, I can *just* fit the biggest parts on a sheet of A4 paper, so that's just fine. It does mean that he will take up quite a few sheets of paper for being actually only 30 centimeters tall, but I guess that's because he's so... wide. 😉

There's also a big difference in the model itself; normally the parts on a certain papercraft are relatively in proportion with each other. Not so much with this Iron Giant: some parts are as big as a sheet of paper, while especially the head has much smaller and thinner parts.

So that's another reason I don't want to make the scale even smaller; if I would, the smallest parts would get even smaller and thinner, and would become too small to handle really...


So I think my worries about the size were for naught. 30 centimeters is actually quite a nice size, even if that means he will be smaller than Lulu and Auron (he still has Rikku beat size-wise though! 😉)

So now I will change the final things on the 3D model so I can do the final unfold and make the templates; then I will do the final build while taking pictures for the instructions, and once those are done, he'll be really finished!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment